DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to get an oil change and service guy showed me pictures of underneath my transmission pan was all soaked,he said they make them of plastic now gaskets probably shot take it in right away,so I did my mechanic relaxed the whole pan cuz he said you just can't buy the gasket for those. Took it home a few days later I had to move my truck out of the way and I noticed a huge oil leak on the driveway. Looked underneath and saw everything was soaked with oil,took it back in still don't know what the leak is from, here are some pics,any ideas?

·
Registered
460 Posts
View attachment 136045 Went to get an oil change and service guy showed me pictures of underneath my transmission pan was all soaked,he said they make them of plastic now gaskets probably shot take it in right away,so I did my mechanic relaxed the whole pan cuz he said you just can't buy the gasket for those. Took it home a few days later I had to move my truck out of the way and I noticed a huge oil leak on the driveway. Looked underneath and saw everything was soaked with oil,took it back in still don't know what the leak is from, here are some pics,any ideas?
You need a new tech.That's engine oil leaking.A blind man could see that.Tranny oil has a lot of detergent in it and will wash off where ever it runs.Not to mention being a totally different color.You always start at the top to look for a leak,not where it's running off of like he did.It needs to be washed off good(whole top and back of motor)ran for while and then start at the top and work your way down to see where it came from.
I hate when techs screw people over,whether it's from they're lack of knowledge or from just plain greed.Gives the rest of us honest Tech's a bad name.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I just looked at the pic again and saw the whole bellhousing is covered in oil.That must be some special oil you have there that leaks uphill.LMFAO.

·
Registered
2014 Bighorn 3.6 Pentastar
143 Posts
Would you have the V6 by chance?
If so, oil cooler is probably the culprit.

·
Registered
2014 Bighorn 3.6 Pentastar
143 Posts
Trans oil cooler?That's not trans oil and is the engine oil cooler not at the front ?
V6 engines have an oil cooler on top.
Had mine replaced once.
Common issue on the V6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts