DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post/question here so I will try to get all the info I can about my truck and problem.
I have a 2002 Ram 1500 with the small V8. Only about 40,000 on this engine. Never had any problems with my oil pressure before but for a short time I have noticed that on a cold start the pressure gauge takes about 30 sec or more to come up to normal. After about 10 sec or so the "Check Gauges" light comes on a Beeps at me. Once the pressure comes up the light goes out and I go about driving with no problems.
This all happened after an oil change about 1000 miles ago and the mech did not know what to do about it. I took it on myself to change the Oil Pressure Sensor just about the oil filter. This is not fix the problem.
I have no leaks, and oil is staying strong. Any ideas that you can pass along please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
When the engine is cold, check your fluids...up to par? also what oil are your running? sometimes if you put a heavier weight it will take heat to move it around enough to clear out the sensor fault.

·
Registered
83 Posts
5/20 oil. If not, check oil cold and then 1minute after driving. Is there significant difference?
If not at least check the oil pressure direct at cold start.
Is the correct filter in? As I bought the truck it was the filter from the 6-cylinder in...no comment to that...
Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts