DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for any one that cares, i just turned 12000 miles on my rcsb 4x4 hemi. been using pennzoil ultra since 1000 miles and kn filter. changing at 6000 mile intervals and as of yet, no hemi tick.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
My choices are as follows:
(since switching to valvoline, the famous hemi tick disappeared in ALL my hemi vehicles)

1) Valvoline SynPower 5w20
2) Pennzoil Ultra 5w20

I only choose valvoline first because i`ve ALWAYS had great luck with it.
Years ago i use to use pennzoil until they had some issues with it sludging up, BUT,
like i said, that was years ago when that happened, pennzoil stepped up an fixed it.
I`ve used pennzoil many times the last couple years, never an issue anymore with it.
Either oil is plenty good enough to use with no worries today, especially being synthetic.

Its been a good day, now watch some dumb bastard come in here and fugg it up...lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
I second the Amsoil 0w20. I used that for a long time until I just sold my Hemi.

Before the Amsoil I used Pennzoil without issue, but I did see a mpg increase when I switched.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Interesting. I am not familiar with the "hemi tick".
When you hear it youll know. It sounds like a very very large sewing machine is under your hood.

I dont have it with my 0w20 M1 at first then about 5500-6500 later it starts to rear its ugly head and then i know its time for an oil change... Im still stuck on changing mine around 5K though... even that was hard for me to get used to

·
Registered
698 Posts
My choices are as follows:
(since switching to valvoline, the famous hemi tick disappeared in ALL my hemi vehicles)

1) Valvoline SynPower 5w20
2) Pennzoil Ultra 5w20

I only choose valvoline first because i`ve ALWAYS had great luck with it.
Years ago i use to use pennzoil until they had some issues with it sludging up, BUT,
like i said, that was years ago when that happened, pennzoil stepped up an fixed it.
I`ve used pennzoil many times the last couple years, never an issue anymore with it.
Either oil is plenty good enough to use with no worries today, especially being synthetic.

Its been a good day, now watch some dumb bastard come in here and fugg it up...lol
LOL!...I love the last line of your post. By all means let's not have any difference of opinion on an oil thread...LOL!:LOL:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have had the tick since new with three different oils, it's worse now running mobil1. Think I will try pennzoil ultra next. If this never goes away I will trade it in as I find a ticking new truck embarrassing every time I go through a drive thru.

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have had the tick since new with three different oils, it's worse now running mobil1. Think I will try pennzoil ultra next. If this never goes away I will trade it in as I find a ticking new truck embarrassing every time I go through a drive thru.

actually, many have posted that the valvoline syn is the better choice for reducing and or eliminate the hemi tick. that is what i will use if it starts in mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts