DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this almost comically isolated squeak that comes from the plastic cover on the driver's seat belt. The piece that the belt goes through on the B pillar. The one that pivots..

That's key - it pivoting. Every time it does it lets out a little squeak...

I'm determined to make it be my squeak sink. The repository of all squeaks to come. So I may leave it to serve that purpose ;)

Anyone else have one or two on their '14?

Var

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mine is squeak free... But I have more rattles and creaks than a haunted house.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Right now I got snow turned to ice between the cab and the bed that's a really annoying sound. But no squeaks. Lots of rattle from the stuff stored in the console, though... I really need to clean er out. Then I also get a thud here and there from the dogs plastic balls (they're like hockey balls, so hard as rock in the cold) which are in the rear door pockets - never know when you want to stop and throw the ball for the dog. :) He lives a pampered life.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I don't have any squeaks but I have a rattle that is really getting on my nerves. It seems to be coming from the passenger side B pillar. It may be the seat belt assembly. This is a regular cab so I need to remove the rear storage compartment then pull the plastic covers so I can try to find it. To so this I also have to remove a sub woofer, amp, ham radio, fire extinguisher, etc. I guess I know how I will spend my weekend.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I have got that stupid snow between the cab and box too, haven't noticed any squeaks yet, maybe I got my radio turned up too loud.:LOL::gy:

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I thought my squeak was coming from the rear seat hinge. I will check into the b pillar piece, thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yep, I have the squeak coming from the hinge cover. I've been trying to figure out how to make it go away

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks Var. Now I'm sure I will hear it too.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I may put some 3M clear tape on the backside of the plastic pivoting piece. That way it's not seen and maybe it has a different static coefficient ;)

For the box/cab what about taking it to a car wash and blast all the ice and snow out of there. You'd hate for it to slowly abrade the paint :(

Sorry Relic .. mind you that's what a great stereo is for, right? haa

Var

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nothing on mine, thankfully. Squeaks and little sounds like that annoy the heck out of me. Glad this truck doesn't have any so far (knock on wood).

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Yeah, went through a cash wash yesterday. Got rid of most of it - then it snowed again last night... And tonight we're supposed to get another 10 - 20cm and then several hours of freezing rain. SIGH when will this crap END!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Yeah I would be running it through the car wash every day if I could, thank god its only snow.:doh:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mine is squeak-free, so far.

I remember, though, in the days when pickups were trucks, everybody had a squeak. The first time you hauled gravel, there was always some stuck between the bed and the cab, and it would squeak, squeak, squeak. Just got used to it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the squeak with the seat belt as well. All I had to do was move it up higher on the pillar and I have not heard it since. It was really starting to make me mad.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had the squeak with the seat belt as well. All I had to do was move it up higher on the pillar and I have not heard it since. It was really starting to make me mad.
That was just it squeaking DIRECTLY into your left ear :LOL:

It's one thing to have a squeak, and another entirely to have a squeak practically surgically implanted into your ear canal. :hah:

That's just wrong!

Var

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Well I went looking, and my squeak was actually caused by the cinch straps on my seat covers. Got them adjusted to make it go away, and they fit a little better now too.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Have had mine almost 3 months and have 11000kms. I know wow. Lol. No squeaks. 1 rattle in area of radio when it is -20 outside. Was -2 today and no rattle. Must be a cold thing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ive got a little rattle coming from the center console bucket just in front of the covered area where it drops into the large open space. mostly when going over bumps
:doh:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Seems like the speaker grills in the dash squeak on mine when riding some rough roads.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts