DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I was treated to a very unpleasant experience this weekend with my truck. As soon as i went over 55mph, there was a very high pitch noise coming from someplace within the truck. It was starting to hurt my ears, and no matter how loud I turned up the music, I could not drown out the sound. As soon as i dropped below 55, it was nice and quiet. Gonna be calling the dealer tomorrow and find out what's causing this.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
well, I was treated to a very unpleasant experience this weekend with my truck. As soon as i went over 55mph, there was a very high pitch noise coming from someplace within the truck. It was starting to hurt my ears, and no matter how loud I turned up the music, I could not drown out the sound. As soon as i dropped below 55, it was nice and quiet. Gonna be calling the dealer tomorrow and find out what's causing this.
I noticed you have a 2011,
so i`m wondering if your truck has had the update done on the rear differential (???)

If it has NOT had the update,
you might be hearing the bearings and or ring an pinion going away on you.
It starts out sounding like gears whining... then POOF, rearend blows out.

Did you buy your truck at the dealership in the seneca falls ny area...???
If you did, i would question if the update had been done correctly.

·
Registered
337 Posts
This would not be the aero dynamics thing with the rear windows down.
That noise sounds like a fleet of helicopters are in your cab.
Good luck with this

·
Registered
45 Posts
Was there ice on your antenna? I have been driving before with an insane whistling noise, got out knocked the ice off the antenna and it was gone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, it turned out to be ice on the antenna. I cleared off all 3 of my antennas, took it back on the highway, and the high pitch noise was gone. easy fix and I didn't have to deal with my dealer, lol...

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
well, it turned out to be ice on the antenna. I cleared off all 3 of my antennas, took it back on the highway, and the high pitch noise was gone. easy fix and I didn't have to deal with my dealer, lol...
Gotta love NOT having to go back to the stealership :smileup:
They wouldnt have been able to figure it out OR fix it.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Ice on the antenna, who'd of thought :4-dontknow: Glad i have a shorty on mine :smileup:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Who would have thunk....ice. :4-dontknow: I'll tuck that one away for later....especially how weird this winter or lack thereof it's been this season.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HeyBrownDog, I tried to respond back to your pm, but it wouldn't let me. I take my truck over to Fox for service and I don't have any problems with them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts