DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all your responses, they have been very helpful. The vin # on the truck says that the truck is a Big Horn Outdoorsman SLT? Can you guys give me a quick run down on what these specs are ? They seem to be different packages and trim levels all in one? Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Big horns have a flow-thru console, flares, sunroof, chrome 20's and cloth interior I believe. It's the premium cloth from what I remember. It really is a nice package.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
Would you mind posting the VIN? We can help break down the options better for you with the VIN.

But if it truly is an Outdoorsman, then you have an upgrade over the Big Horn even, to some extent. Trim levels above the ST/Tradesman/Express trucks for 2015 start with the SLT. Then you can add packages to the SLT such as the Lonestar, Big Horn, and Outdoorsman. The Outdoorsman is a nice option if you're not into chrome, but still want the interior upgrades over the Express all while maintaining paint to match bumpers and grill. Most Outdoorsman have a two-tone paint scheme. They also get the Borg Warner 44-45 transfer case, which doesn't have the 4auto feature that the Borg Warner 44-44 has. I believe they also sit up about an inch higher in the front.

Some members prefer the BW 44-45 over the BW 44-44 for hardcore off roading. I would recommend searching the forums and reading up on that, tons of threads out there. I've had both transfer cases and like the 44-44 with 4auto for my use, which is not hardcore at all.

Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions. :smileup:

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
IIRC the CC 6.4' Outdoorsman came with a 44-44 for some reason

·
Registered
1,439 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Big Horns also didn't have standard wheel flares, sunroof in the US.
Easy way to tell is the chrome to be honest and the badging if it is still on the truck. Will say right on the tailgate.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
if it has the Outdoorsman package then it get's the fender flares. Also you use to be able to add the outdoorsman package to a 4x2, which go the fenders flares and painted grill but kept the Big Horn emblem on the back. Kind of an odd duck around here, I saw only 1 like this and asked my dealership salesman about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts