DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i hate the green that all the interior lights are stock and today i took the first real step toward eliminating it all!

The green ashtay light always gets my attention reflecting off of the shifter bezel at night so it was time for it to go. Im still waiting on my LEDs to come in (120" of SMD strips and about 30 individual LEDs) but i found this normal blue light that i had leftover from the camaro build and decided to see how much of a pita it woud be to get a different light to work in there cuz everyone is always worried about the whole small sealed plastic housing yada yada

Here are the pictures

Cut the stock LED off and crimped connectors onto the leads.

Then it was time to get the new light to fit into housing

Crimped some connectors onto the bulb leads

and voila!

I dont really expect it to put out much light. It was more of a lets se if I can actually get a light to work up there whichout wasting an LED and I had nothing better to do this morning. Ill put up some night pics later.

Next is the dash lights... I cant decide between white or blue for the buttons/HVAC controls

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha if all my other LEDs werent blue i would leave the green too, they just cash too much and obother me

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha this might have taken a whole 15 minutes. It took me longer to clip/upclip everything than everything else

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.