DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
2010 Ram 1500 Hemi *Single Exhaust*
Been looking at a bunch of replacement mufflers and systems for some time now.. there's so many is quite overwelming. I'm down to the Muffex and Cherry Bomb options. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend (or not-recommmend) the glasspacks? and if so which model I should get?
Thanks in advance!
Jmurr

·
Registered
116 Posts
Glasspacks sound like absolute chit. They cackle, sound obnoxious, and have no "tuned" sound. They are just loud noise...

Get a good chambered muffler and you will be much happier. Again, this is all relative to opinion...I HATE glasspacks (I have only used them pre-muffler to cancel out drone, or resonance).

My opinion

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Even Magnaflow now makes a Glass Pak, although i have not seen any posts about using them

Most people that want noise just go with the 14" Magnaflow Single in/ Dual out

·
Registered
431 Posts
You should look ino getting Magnapacks! They're the size of a glass pack, but they're designed like all the other magnaflow mufflers. I used to have a 18" magnaflow muffler and it sounded great! But it sounded like every other truck! Now I have dual 22" magnapacks and it's the most unique sound I've heard! Glasspacks are just filled with fiberglass that will eventually burn out. Magnapacks will last longer. I would NEVER get a chambered muffler on my truck..straight through magnaflows FTW!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Magnaflow mufflers are basically glasspacks in a different shaped case. I currently have an 18" SI/SO glasspack with a filler piece welded in place of the factory muffler. I left the stock resonator in place, and it sounds REALLY good. I did a video when I first installed it, and it has gotten louder and sounds better since then. The exhaust also overran the mic on the camera so it sounds different than in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYbX2FfeuTM&context=C3b75c9cADOEgsToPDskJOt9-Gg8mxweyMwmuvLFUU

·
Registered
756 Posts
I LOVE glasspacks under the right conditions. My buddy had a GMC with a 350 and a pair of glasspacks. That truck had "the sound" no snap/crackle/pop....just muscle and TONE! My Magnaflow sounds pretty close IMO but not exact. My magnaflow has a resonance peak that can drive you crazy that I've never heard a glasspack have.

Luke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts