DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Opinions on Pirelli Scorpion ATRs (buy 1 get 1)

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tbeaton 
#1 ·
This weekend through monday NTB (National Tire and Battery) is having a buy one get one free sale on Pirelli Scorpion ATR's (and Yokahama and Cooper). They are advertised at $196.99 ea. with a coupon you download off of the NTB website.

I am currently runnng Radial SXT Mud Terrain M+S LT 285/75R/16's ***D*** (31" I think) and am thinking about downsizing to a 265/75R/16 ***E*** for better gas mileage.

I mostly drive around town on pavement, not too much offroading yet.

I own a 1993 Dodge W250 Diesel ext cab w/ an 8 foot bed and a camper.

NTB is requiring that the buyer purchase a Premium Tire Installation Package and Roadside Assistance for each tire and a one year wheel alignment policy (and who knows what else)

I will call NTB tomorrow to get the out-the-door price.

Opinions?

TY

NY

See less See more
#3 ·
i think the atr's are a bit soft. i remember looking at an f-150 fx4 that had atr's and the sales guy said that if you let the truck sit for a while it will take a few miles before the tires come back to round. sounds like a bias ply tire to me. i have had many cooper tires over the years and they have done me well. the cooper at is a great tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.