DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered some of the Oracle footwell lighting the other day...should be in next couple of days. Just wondering if wiring these up is pretty dummy proof and straight forward?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Can't wait to see the final result !.. What color ?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I havent checked out the Oracle footwell lighting yet. Are they tubes? How much were they if you dont mind me asking? Be ready to make a mounting bracket of some sort for the drivers side. No nice place to mount anything in that footwell without some fab work im afraid

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the info from the site...they were $39.50 at AAC for the pair...

Kit Includes:
-Two 15" or 12" Automotive Grade tubes in waterproof Clear Acrylic casing.
-One Dual High-Power waterproof CCFL Inverter.
-Self-adhesive tape for easy installation.
-Connectors and heat shrink tubing.
- Free Toggle Switch (to control on/off power from inside the vehicle)Only one per order
-Mounting screws

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
wow that sounds like a pretty good deal

There really is no place under the drivers side to mount without making some sort of mounting braket though. Start getting creative! lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Photo

My lighting came in today. Contrary to what the site said, they are actually strips and not tubes. I must admit, i'm kind of glad. Should save some frustration on mounting on the driver side according to SS. No need to worry about mounting brackets :smileup:. The second set there is for my sister's '11 challenger R/T...they're purple. Her car is blackberry pearl with white war paint stripes. I think it's going to look good. I also ordered her some purple dome and map lights.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Can't wait to see the final pics !..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, it's pretty straight forward. Tough decision in how you want the lights to activate. I hooked mine into my dome light so they come on when I open my doors, just like a puddle light.
Electrical isn't my strong suit lol, do you mind telling me how you wired your's for it to activate with the dome light? Not 100% sure I want to wire them that way, or wire them in with the toggle switch. Either way, i'm going to try and get them installed tomorrow, so I can get some pics up.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
OK so where are the pics of the lights installed?????

You know the unofficial Z rule... without pics, it didn't happen...

Exco

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK so where are the pics of the lights installed?????

You know the unofficial Z rule... without pics, it didn't happen...

Exco
You're correct...it hasn't happened...yet! I've had some more pressing matters with my truck come up and I haven't got around to these yet. I posted about it in another one of my posts.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
As for a mounting bracket on the driver's side, I used a few zip ties and ran it along the existing wiring. easy and simple!
Thats a good idea!!!

You're correct...it hasn't happened...yet! I've had some more pressing matters with my truck come up and I haven't got around to these yet. I posted about it in another one of my posts.
Doont you have when life gets in the way of modding! :LOL::LOL:

on a more serious note, I hope everything is okay

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thats a good idea!!!

Doont you have when life gets in the way of modding! :LOL::LOL:

on a more serious note, I hope everything is okay
In short...radiator cracked on my way to work. Had to have that replaced, and am also having to replace my rotors,pads...all 4 corners,front hub assemblies and front wheel bearings. The radiator had taken care of at a shop, but everything else I ordered and will be doing the work myself. Pockets have taken a hit!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts