DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered truck in March, was released May 30th, Delivery date was June 218-then moved to June 22-26, still waiting no one seems to know where the truck is!! leaving for vacation the 13th might have to borrow back old 2005 ram 2500 from son! any one else have to wait this long?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ordered truck in March, was released May 30th, Delivery date was June 218-then moved to June 22-26, still waiting no one seems to know where the truck is!! leaving for vacation the 13th might have to borrow back old 2005 ram 2500 from son! any one else have to wait this long?

Ordered my new 3500 on March 28th, it got to the dealer on June 26th.

So yea, yours is taking an awful long time, considering you are getting your truck from the same plant that built mine. (Mexico) Press your dealer, as they should be able to give you at least an approximate location on the truck.

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's bull. Somebody can find out where it is. Not to rain on your parade but it may have been damaged during shipping and it's being repaired.

I had ordered a truck back in 2004 that took forever to come in. It was a diesel and at the time I was a member of TDR and I was complaining about how long it was taking on the forum. Someone PM'd me who was in the know about things requesting my VIN and he'd look into it. He got back to me stating that my truck, along with others, were damaged by salt water when being shipped by boat from Mexico to I think the port of Baltimore.

I went down to my dealer armed with this info and demanded they look into it. They did, and confirmed my intel was accurate and wanted to know how I knew that info. I told them that was my business and I shouldn't have to find this crap out on my own.

Anyway, my truck was damaged beyond repair and they had to build a new one. Was going to be another 8 weeks so I settled for one the dealer had instead.

·
Registered
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
1,223 Posts
I don't think they ship new trucks from Saltillo to dealers in the lower 48 by boat nowadays.
It's all trains and trucks, I think.

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Order to delivery, Saltillo Plant

Ram 2500 HD Pickup
Saltillo, Mexico
12-14 weeks

Ram 3500 HD Pickup
Saltillo, Mexico
12-14 weeks

Ram Mega Cab
Saltillo, Mexico
12-14 weeks

Saltillo Plant Order to delivery traveling by cargo ship

Ram ProMaster City
Port of Baltimore, MD
6-8 weeks
So they are traveling buy cargo ship
They may send HD Rams that way also

Both the HD Rams & Ram Promasters are built on the same property, different buildings

The Promasters are quite large & i see them being transported by flatbed trucks quite often
I don't believe that they would fit on a regular car hauler & may not fit in the Auto Transport Rail Cars

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Aw, there's a railcar to fit about anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi All, Thanks for the info, Truck was delivered to the dealer last Thursday ,should be picking it up tonight, did not make it in time for vacation but the 2005 2500 ran great pulling the fifth wheel about 900 miles round trip. going to be hard to give up that truck but its staying in the family!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered a 2018 laramie about 5 or 6 weeks ago..and my dealer told me that it's in progress and it has a vin number???? I dunno. I'm thinking by September I should have it. Hopefully

1 - 8 of 8 Posts