DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to go with a Pro Comp stage II 6" lift. Still undecided on which wheels I like, but when it's done, I will be sure to post plenty of pic's.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. What made you go with Pro Crap. And the Stage 2 at that!?!? Not bein a dick just asking :D

Did you ever decide on tires? Wait, me-too tires right!? You gonna run 20s? Wheels is the hardest decision for me because there are SOOOOO MANY!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha! A friends shop is giving me a good deal on it. As for wheels and tires, yeah, I'm gonna do the Toyo O/C "me-too" tires, however, I'm going to run 18" wheels instead. I wanted to have a little more rubber than wheel. As for the wheels, I finally decided on the Helo Maxx 6.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like my lift came in a week faster than we thought, so the truck just went into the shop. I will get it back tomorrow, can't wait!

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
That's awesome news bro!! Are you doing the Helo's in black or chrome?

Im very very interested in the feedback on how she rides!!

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Its gonna look beast!! You having the shop max the coilovers out?

What wheel specs did you get?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I told them just to level it, I don't want the So. Cal "pre-runner" look. As for the offset, apparently, that wheel in that bolt pattern only has 1 available offset for a lifted truck. I am hoping they don't stick out too far. I don't mind a inch or so, but I don't want them sticking way out. I'm going to check them out when they come in. The shop wants to make sure I like it.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Im not a fan of Cali lean either. Even if you max those coilovers out, it will still be level or raked depending on how many spacers your kit comes with. Every PC seems to have a different amount of rear lift. The coilovers come set at 6", not sure if that'll give enough clearance for those wide Toyos. Im sure they get you set up right.

Well that sounds good man. I hear you on the tires stickin out too far. I wanted a 5" bs, but when I ordered the Hostages they were on national back order last March. I only had one choice, 4.5" bs. I think that's you're only option for our bolt pattern in those wheels too. I almost got those Helo's. Damn good lookin wheel!

I think the chrome will be a nice touch, can't wait to see her pic whored out!!

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Come on Silver...........WHERE ARE THOSE PICS!?!?!?!?!

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
**** yeah Silver!!!! That looks good!!

Gets some pics of those coilovers would ya?? How does it ride?? Also where do you have the coilovers set??

I think fate worked in your interest with those wheels!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will do. For now, they are maybe 1/3 of the way down. In a week I am bringing it back for a re-torque and another alignment. It rides great! I wont lie, I do kinda wish I had gone with 37's, but the 35's do look good. Plenty of clearance and they look nice. Power difference is barely noticeable from the slightly bigger tires, but I did notice on the freeway that the M/T's do drag a ton!

By the way, would you recommend I run these tires at the pressures on the door? The shop had them at 65 psi!

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Run them at the door psi. I ran my swampers for 10k miles at the load e 60psi. Shop dropped em to 35psi a few months back. It rides quite a bit better, just noiser!! It has more rolling resistance and droppee the power and mpg a tad.

With that said try both, I bet you keep the door psi. I like it better :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok, I already dropped them to 50psi, but I will bring it down a little more.

by the way, is the problem with getting 4.56 gears that the carrier is the wrong size? I will be leaving the 3.91's in for now, but if I got to 37's some day, I will want to get 4.56's in there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm going to 4.56's here soon hopefully. Also going to 37's. Toying around with the idea of trying to stuff some 38's. It looks like I might have a bit more wheel well gap than you still though. May not though hard to tell from pics

This is what my coilover looks like

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Damn Zeus, you're coilovers are maxed out aren they? How about a full body shot....

Silver, the shop is being really hush hush about what they are doing. They won't tell me exactly what their doing. Ive even called Yukon a few times, only once did i get any information. What they told me was ONE shop in the US is ahead ofthe curve on making thse gears work. That shop is workig wit the Engineers at Yukon. This shop is Eastern Offroad thats going to do my truck. My truck will be the first geared 4.56 ZF 4x4 period!! Their almost postive they can modify the LSD carrier to work, but for sure can the open diff. What sucks is if you dont do this, you won't have gears for a long long time. Yukon isnt even gonna start their R&D until they sell their overstock of coventional 9.25" rearend. That will be a long time....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts