DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha! A friends shop is giving me a good deal on it. As for wheels and tires, yeah, I'm gonna do the Toyo O/C "me-too" tires, however, I'm going to run 18" wheels instead. I wanted to have a little more rubber than wheel. As for the wheels, I finally decided on the Helo Maxx 6.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I told them just to level it, I don't want the So. Cal "pre-runner" look. As for the offset, apparently, that wheel in that bolt pattern only has 1 available offset for a lifted truck. I am hoping they don't stick out too far. I don't mind a inch or so, but I don't want them sticking way out. I'm going to check them out when they come in. The shop wants to make sure I like it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will do. For now, they are maybe 1/3 of the way down. In a week I am bringing it back for a re-torque and another alignment. It rides great! I wont lie, I do kinda wish I had gone with 37's, but the 35's do look good. Plenty of clearance and they look nice. Power difference is barely noticeable from the slightly bigger tires, but I did notice on the freeway that the M/T's do drag a ton!

By the way, would you recommend I run these tires at the pressures on the door? The shop had them at 65 psi!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok, I already dropped them to 50psi, but I will bring it down a little more.

by the way, is the problem with getting 4.56 gears that the carrier is the wrong size? I will be leaving the 3.91's in for now, but if I got to 37's some day, I will want to get 4.56's in there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.