DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with a dealership when you ordered your 2019 Ram from the factory and after waiting three 6-8 weeks including your trade in (2016 Laramie)? Do the dealerships give you an estimate on your trade when you custom order the 2019 and then revalue (or try to screw you) when the new truck comes in to significantly reduce the value they will pay for the trade?

Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
They did a revalue on my trade when my new one came in. I had added only 2000 miles in the time I waited. They kept the same value on it as when I placed my order. My new truck had several price increases during the wait though. Seems like it should freeze the current price on the truck when you order it. My dealer ate the increases though.

·
Registered
247 Posts
They claimed they would do a revalue, but they didn't even look at my truck when I came in. And that's the truth. That truck could have had a huge dent on the tailgate, I could have removed the steering wheel and they wouldn't have known. I added like 1100 miles in those 7 weeks because I rode my Harley alot thinking they would revalue my truck and I wanted to keep the miles down. Like mgullion, my 19 truck actually increased in price compared to when I ordered it. It was $500 more.

They didn't even mention the increase. All we focused on was my original build sheet with their handwriting on it showing their dealer discounts, etc.

If they had revalued my truck and decreased by $500, for example and then tried to charge me that $500 increase.............truthfully, I would have walked out. I would have been sick to my stomach after waiting 7 weeks, but I would have left and just tried to find the truck on a lot and driven to get it, regardless of distance. Or went to dealer #2 and ordered it again since they really wanted my business and I would have them put in writing that prices are "fixed"

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nope. On my '19 Ram and '16 F150 both that I ordered, we agreed on trade value when I placed my order and they know I drive 30,000 miles a year - expect miles to be added to the trade when it's finally traded in.

No issues and like the above poster - they didn't look at it again except to get the actual mileage off it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts