DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I would like to thank everyone who sent me messages offering their help.. This is a great and very helpful forum so far, and I have some additional questions to ask..

After looking at the Express I have also grown to the two tone paint look of the Outdoorsman package. After looking at a few they have some good deals on them and are loaded up pretty good with options. I guess the main difference is the ones I have looked at have the smaller wheels, 4.7L engine and 3.92 gear ratio. Does anyone here have an outdoorsman or experience with the 4.7L engine? I travel about 60miles per day with about a 40/60 mix of city and highway driving. So I would like to get decent mpg as right now with my Chevy Colorado I am averaging about 17/18mpg.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm averaging about 16/17 with the same 40/60 driving at about 75miles/day. I have the 4.7 with 20" wheels and 3.92 as well. I only have 1500 miles on it, so I may not have the best experience to go off of. I'm also driving very very light on the foot right now trying to squeeze out a tad more mgps as right now, the $100/week is a tad painful coming from a 28mpg nissan. But, as I read somewhere, I drive for the smiles, not the miles now... (at least that's what I keep telling myself)

I love mine though!

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Believe it or not, the HEMI & the 4.7L get about the same MPG after a short break in time, the more miles on the odometer, the better the mileage
I carry about 1,000 pounds in the bed of my Ram Hemi & i get 17 MPG
I have the 3.55 ratio rear end, next time it will be a 3.92 with LSD

I believe this month, you can get the Hemi for the same price as the 4.7L

Look at the temperature, the speed, miles driven, then MPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts