DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 1500 360 auto, it had been working fine and last night on the way home from work i noticed the overdrive not engaging every time that it should. It was about 30 degrees outside. Then this morning I went out and it was even warmer outside and it was doing the same thing except worse. It wont go into overdrive most times and when it does it just does it when i ease off the gas. As soon as I hit the gas it kicks back out. Hoping someone can help without doing a rebuild.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Is really the overdrive we are talking about, or is it the torque-convertor lock-up? Some people mistake the two. No offense meant.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Failing TPS, low fluid level, worn overdrive clutch pack, clogged overdrive clutch bleed orifice, faulty solenoid wiring.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
A bad relay that functions relative to throttle position? See where I'm going? The relay is either on or off based on signal from the computer. Were it random, I'd be more likely to suspect it, but in that you indicated the throttle position, I'm inclined to think it's not the OD relay, but rather the TPS or fluid related (level/supply). Not ruling anything out, but the OD relay isn't top of the list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts