DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. I just bought my ram about a mobth ago. Last week i just got it out of the shop after having the rear end rebuilt. Yesterday i was driving and the o/d off light came on and the engined reved up real high. I cant afford to have the transmission rebuilt. Would a transmission flush with a new filter fix it? Or could it be a sensor? Anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Hi everybody. I just bought my ram about a mobth ago. Last week i just got it out of the shop after having the rear end rebuilt. Yesterday i was driving and the o/d off light came on and the engined reved up real high. I cant afford to have the transmission rebuilt. Would a transmission flush with a new filter fix it? Or could it be a sensor? Anybody else have this problem?
well it sounds like a electronic problem, the od light goes on (means od off) when the transmission gets too hot. most times the transmission doesn't really get hot enough to disable OD, so I would check the sensors the temp sensor which is shared with the governor pressure sensor i think... but fluid change isn't going to do anything. just be sure to adjust the bands when you remove the pan. the front band can be changed without pan removal but the rear band is an internal adjustment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts