DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one thing that I really don't like is that there is no overhead console in the 2012 Ram 1500 ST. Not because of storage reasons but because or lighting issues. I have one small little dome light that is more so for the back seat and that I my comes on when I use the light control for console. Does anybody know where I can find a decent console or a way to rig up a lighting system for the truck myself?

Thanks,
Coach Ryan

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I added the factory overhead console I picked up on Ebay. As long as they send you the mounting braket and wiring harness the installation is easy.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
been thinking of doing that myself....might look into it when I get back stateside

G

·
Overhead console?

When you describe what you're looking for, is there a console available that allows the storage of small items llike sunglasses or a notebook etc? Or is the overhead console that I got when I ordered the upgraded Bighorn that has a couple lights, the rear window switch, three button garage door opener and that's about it. There is no good place for sunglasses. That small tray on the dash doesn't do the trick...a little acceleration and the glasses fly to the floor. Other vehicles have had a swing open glasses case...nice handy feature...the dash is too slick to leave anything on there...gets launched at the slightest turn.

If there's some sort of overhead console available, I'd sure like to know. Please advise what it is you have heard about and are looking for.

Cj

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I just want one so I can have more than the single dome light.....we had an '06 SE Magnum that had the overhead and a '10 SXT Charger with it, why they couldn't do it in a base model Ram I'm still confused. I could see a single light in a reg cab truck....but not a quadcab.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still have yet to find anything. In my Ram there is no overhead console at all. So instead of the console I was thinking of wiring some sort of LED lights to where the console would go that work off of the same switch as the dome light. The dome light just is not enough for the cab.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts