DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a part no. for an underhood light that light up the engine bay?My Express doesn't have one but I figure expensiver models do...my old Chevy does.It's mounted to the firewall and had a retractable cord.Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's probably the route I will have to go.I checked with my local dealer.I could get the light and so forth but he didn't know if the wires are there.I looked on the hood and they aren't there.My old truck had a light that went on when you lifted the hood.I''l find some aftermarket light..........thanks.

·
Registered
487 Posts
That's probably the route I will have to go.I checked with my local dealer.I could get the light and so forth but he didn't know if the wires are there.I looked on the hood and they aren't there.My old truck had a light that went on when you lifted the hood.I''l find some aftermarket light..........thanks.
You can get the Mopar light from Amazon. It shows the part number but the harness to connect the light to the firewall is not included. I'd just order both from the parts dept. and be done with it.

I can post a pic of the connector that's on the firewall if you like.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
My sales code reads
LDAP Underhood lamp

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can get the Mopar light from Amazon. It shows the part number but the harness to connect the light to the firewall is not included. I'd just order both from the parts dept. and be done with it.

I can post a pic of the connector that's on the firewall if you like.

Thanks,I'd appreciate that.I went out and looked and saw alot of larger connections bot didn't recognize the one for the light.I see the light from Amazon but not the harness.Will probably try to get both from the dealer.Thanks again all.

·
Registered
487 Posts
As mentioned the connector should be just behind the right side (passenger side) hood strut secured to the firewall. In the photo the wire leading off to the left goes to the light routed under the hood pad. The wire leading off to the right then curving down and to the left is what you should have. It's on our base ST that doesn't have the light so I'm going to assume it's there by default.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pic.I do have that connector so now I need to talk to my dealer to get the light and see if it comes with the harness.Thanks again.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I ordered the hood lamp from We R Mopar and it sounds like the wiring that goes from the lamp to the plug on the firewall....we shall see when it gets here.I also ordered the cabin filter mod. and just put on my tow hooks yesterday.So far my mods are also black alum.gas door,13 inch black antenna,Line X,Tonneau cover,leather wrapped steering wheel,neoprene rear seat covers,Mopar fronts and Michelin floor mats;Walmart.Another thing I am wondering about id what is that black plastic piece on the right rear on top of the cab?........maybe for the optional rear camera?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well I ordered the hood lamp from We R Mopar and it sounds like the wiring that goes from the lamp to the plug on the firewall....we shall see when it gets here.I also ordered the cabin filter mod. and just put on my tow hooks yesterday.So far my mods are also black alum.gas door,13 inch black antenna,Line X,Tonneau cover,leather wrapped steering wheel,neoprene rear seat covers,Mopar fronts and Michelin floor mats;Walmart.Another thing I am wondering about id what is that black plastic piece on the right rear on top of the cab?........maybe for the optional rear camera?

Thats the satellite radio antenna.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I ordered mine 3 days ago and it should be in this week, will let you know how it went
Got it, installed it, works, if you order the OEM light, get it as a kit with the cable, the plug on the firewall plugs right into the cable, tie wrap the cable along the hood hinge on the passenger side, you will see 2 spots to tie it, or 2 holes for tie wraps to hold the cable, slide the cable up under the hood shield, connect the light, push the Fir tree clip into the hole under the hood where the light goes and close the light over to its position and voila, done. :smileup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Mine's suppose to be hear tomorrow.Part no.is 56021441 that I ordered hopefully it's the same and comes with the harness too.I'm liking my Ram more and more.:smileup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is what I get for the said part number...

Under Hood Lamp (2004-2008) (Part Number-56021441)

Add an Under hood lamp to your New Ram, if not equipped from the factory.This is a Genuine Dodge ,The same as comes from the factory.

You will also need the plug in harness sold seperately.<

Fits Model: Ram Truck
Fits Model Year(s): 2004-2008
Price: $18.78

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Just got my hood lamp but not the harness.I'll call my dealer and see if he has one or I'll order one.Does your lamp have a piece that slides if you shake it?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Mine has a piece in it that moves when you shake it, thats what turns on the light at a certain angle and turns it off when the hood is down, if you did not get the cable, get also the Fir Tree clip to hold it in place, you probably did not get it if you did not order the kit. its the same size as the ones that hold the plastic protector on the top of the front over the radiator area, make sure you don't get one that's too long and have it hit the underside of the hood.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
asur;

how much was your kit with the harness from the dealer?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts