DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 1500 SLT. It has the 130 RES with Sirius but no Uconnect. If things go as planned I will be getting a good price on the 430N RHB head unit. I have the upper glovebox with light. I need the correct part numbers for the uconnect module, the upper bin with the hoe for the USB port and the actual USB cable that goes from the Uconnect module and mounts on the back of the upper bin. If I've been reading correctly, certain modules require certain interface cable to operate properly.

All the part number listings I found for the cable seem to be for the Ipod specific connection or one called universal interface cable which requires drilling a hole in the bin. I want it to look just as if it was factory installed.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
801 Posts
You will need the MOPAR kit # 82212159. This is the Uconnect kit that comes with the mic, harness and main module. You will also want to get the USB/Ipod cable, PN 82212160. This part will have a grommet on it where you can drill a 1" hole in the glovebox and fit the grommet into the hole.
If you want it to look fully factory, then replace the bin (I don't have this PN) and you will actually need PN 68068280AA for the USB/Ipod cable. It has a different mounting housing on it and also has a lighting ring around it. It is also a longer cable that can reach the center console.

I have a 2011 1500 SLT. It has the 130 RES with Sirius but no Uconnect. If things go as planned I will be getting a good price on the 430N RHB head unit. I have the upper glovebox with light. I need the correct part numbers for the uconnect module, the upper bin with the hoe for the USB port and the actual USB cable that goes from the Uconnect module and mounts on the back of the upper bin. If I've been reading correctly, certain modules require certain interface cable to operate properly.

All the part number listings I found for the cable seem to be for the Ipod specific connection or one called universal interface cable which requires drilling a hole in the bin. I want it to look just as if it was factory installed.

·
Registered
801 Posts
You will need the MOPAR kit # 82212159. This is the Uconnect kit that comes with the mic, harness and main module. You will also want to get the USB/Ipod cable, PN 82212160. This part will have a grommet on it where you can drill a 1" hole in the glovebox and fit the grommet into the hole.
If you want it to look fully factory, then replace the bin (I don't have this PN) and you will actually need PN 68068280AA for the USB/Ipod cable. It has a different mounting housing on it and also has a lighting ring around it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found this thread with pictures P/Ns: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=97996&highlight=upper+uconnect+install&page=2 The only part number i cant find is for the USB. That thread about even includes the right color bin for my truck. However, jmr already had the uconnect and the usb cable. Is the part number you gave for the USB the same one shown in the picture on the above link? That's the one I need. BTW, I have the bench seat so there is no center console in my truck.

·
Registered
801 Posts
The cable that is pictured in his hand is the PN 68068280AA. It's the one you need for the factory look.

Found this thread with pictures P/Ns: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=97996&highlight=upper+uconnect+install&page=2 The only part number i cant find is for the USB. That thread about even includes the right color bin for my truck. However, jmr already had the uconnect and the usb cable. Is the part number you gave for the USB the same one shown in the picture on the above link? That's the one I need. BTW, I have the bench seat so there is no center console in my truck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info xsdbs. Once I get the radio, I'm ordering these parts. One last question. The usb port on the Uconnect module itself, is it a mini USB or micro?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're welcome. It's a mini USB male.
Thanks, I'm probably going to make my own mount instead of using the factory cable. Cheapest price I found was around $46. That seems nuts for a usb cable. Lighted or not. I'll research a good panel mount USB cable & place it in that upper glove box.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yeah, I saw it for around $55 and the 82212160 is about $35. (non lighted)

Thanks, I'm probably going to make my own mount instead of using the factory cable. Cheapest price I found was around $46. That seems nuts for a usb cable. Lighted or not. I'll research a good panel mount USB cable & place it in that upper glove box.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again for all your help. I have a question though. The USB in the glovebox that is connected to the uconnect module allows you to plug in an ipod and then control it from the HU correct? I'm trying to decide which lockpick to get and if the USB does allow ipod control than the CCH550 lock pick with the ipod connect cable would just be redundant. Also, where woulfd you suggest I purchase the Uconnect module in order to ensure i get one that is not outdated? or does that not matter?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yes, it does allow you to control the ipod thru the uconnect. So yes it would be redundant. I'll have to look into the lp in order to offer more advice on it though. I don't have any real experiance with it. I personally don't want to watch movies while driving, there are stiff tickets available for the temptation of doing so. But that's just me.

Thanks again for all your help. I have a question though. The USB in the glovebox that is connected to the uconnect module allows you to plug in an ipod and then control it from the HU correct? I'm trying to decide which lockpick to get and if the USB does allow ipod control than the CCH550 lock pick with the ipod connect cable would just be redundant. Also, where woulfd you suggest I purchase the Uconnect module in order to ensure i get one that is not outdated? or does that not matter?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, it does allow you to control the ipod thru the uconnect. So yes it would be redundant. I'll have to look into the lp in order to offer more advice on it though. I don't have any real experiance with it. I personally don't want to watch movies while driving, there are stiff tickets available for the temptation of doing so. But that's just me.

Agreed, I'm not after the lockpick for video though. Might leave the vidoe in motion switch on the lockpick off so there is no temption if in some unforseen circumstance I allow someone to borrow it.
I want it for a front & rear camera but most importantly is I've read that since voice command of the Garmin software isn't possible, the lockpick would be the only way for me to change stuff on the nav while moving. I have a portable Garmin in my wife's van and I tap into that all the time while driving. Usually looking for POI like hotels or for food. So it's an ability I will need.
Hell my ipod is a 6th Gen nano that was my kids until she started using her phone for music and the nano won't even do video. I plan to leave it in the glove box.
I'm also planning to run a second USB to the glovebox from the lockpick so I do flash updates to it without having to pull the stereo.

·
Registered
801 Posts
have you got a price on the uconnect kit & cable yet?

Agreed, I'm not after the lockpick for video though. Might leave the vidoe in motion switch on the lockpick off so there is no temption if in some unforseen circumstance I allow someone to borrow it.
I want it for a front & rear camera but most importantly is I've read that since voice command of the Garmin software isn't possible, the lockpick would be the only way for me to change stuff on the nav while moving. I have a portable Garmin in my wife's van and I tap into that all the time while driving. Usually looking for POI like hotels or for food. So it's an ability I will need.
Hell my ipod is a 6th Gen nano that was my kids until she started using her phone for music and the nano won't even do video. I plan to leave it in the glove box.
I'm also planning to run a second USB to the glovebox from the lockpick so I do flash updates to it without having to pull the stereo.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
have you got a price on the uconnect kit & cable yet?
Not yet, just waiting to make sure that the seller here on the forums comes through for me. He offered to sell me his 430N RHB HU out of his Ram since he went aftermarket. Once I have bought the 430, I'm picking up the module, lockpick and cams. If that falls through, I'll go with a 730N since the uconnect is built in. I'd rather the Garmin NAV though. I have some time to get my knowledge up and buy the parts since I wont be back in the states until Mid June.

Best price I can find is ebay for around $230. Is bus speed an issue like it is for the radio? The only place that mentions bus speed with the Uconnect is oemautopartsco.com. They price a high speed at $356 and low speed at $257.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks you got all the parts figured out, If theres anything I can help with let me know.

Thanks, Benny

I've got a 430N RHB on it's way to me now. What would be the correct Uconnect module for my application and can you give me a price for it?

·
Mopar Online Parts
2,125 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Mopar online rep,
You may want to look into editing your add on that page:
Excludes the RES radio without the Uconnect buttons on the radio.
The 2012 vehicles will come with 2 different RES radios. If the vehicle has SAT radio, the RES will have the Uconnect buttons. If the vehicle does not have Uconnect or SAT radio, it will not have the Uconnect buttons. There will be a different kit for those radios.

Hello,

It would be the following kit for a cost of 259.90 http://moparonlineparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/2557

Install instructions can be found here http://moparonlineparts.com/redirec...cessories.com/en-US/imagehandler.ashx?id=2335

Thank you , Benny

·
Registered
801 Posts
CAN BUS speed is important for both parts. You need the High Speed CAN BUS parts.

Not yet, just waiting to make sure that the seller here on the forums comes through for me. He offered to sell me his 430N RHB HU out of his Ram since he went aftermarket. Once I have bought the 430, I'm picking up the module, lockpick and cams. If that falls through, I'll go with a 730N since the uconnect is built in. I'd rather the Garmin NAV though. I have some time to get my knowledge up and buy the parts since I wont be back in the states until Mid June.

Best price I can find is ebay for around $230. Is bus speed an issue like it is for the radio? The only place that mentions bus speed with the Uconnect is oemautopartsco.com. They price a high speed at $356 and low speed at $257.

·
Mopar Online Parts
2,125 Posts
Mopar online rep,
You may want to look into editing your add on that page:
Excludes the RES radio without the Uconnect buttons on the radio.
The 2012 vehicles will come with 2 different RES radios. If the vehicle has SAT radio, the RES will have the Uconnect buttons. If the vehicle does not have Uconnect or SAT radio, it will not have the Uconnect buttons. There will be a different kit for those radios.
Thank you we have updated the product description.

-Benny

1 - 20 of 21 Posts