DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to check for?
I check fuel pressure and its good
I changed spark plugs, cleared code, same code returned.

Items I have read to check:
Injectors
Spark coils
manifold leak
Vacuum Leaks
EGR
Fuel pressure regulator
and possibly O2 sensors and Cats

anyone had this issue and what was it?
2004 4.7L

·
Registered
213 Posts
Is this your only code?
I would check the easy stuff first, like remove any engine covers and scrutinize all the vacuum lines. I fixed a friend's 2005 kia this way with the same code this past weekend. Hose was at a sharp bend at the fitting and was completely split.
Vacuum caps (if you have any) are notorious to cracking and loosening.
Make sure throttle body bolts are not loose and nothing broke around it causing a vac leak.
O2 sensors and cats should give different codes.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this your only code?
I would check the easy stuff first, like remove any engine covers and scrutinize all the vacuum lines. I fixed a friend's 2005 kia this way with the same code this past weekend. Hose was at a sharp bend at the fitting and was completely split.
Vacuum caps (if you have any) are notorious to cracking and loosening.
Make sure throttle body bolts are not loose and nothing broke around it causing a vac leak.
O2 sensors and cats should give different codes.
Yes its the only code, same code as before, I changed the spark plugs which were practically gone, erased the code and been driving a week and it just popped up again, same code P0300. Truck has over 212000K on it so theres a lot to change out as I suspect everything is worn out, doesn't look like past owners did much maintenance in all those miles surprisingly as the spark plugs were easy to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts