DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so this is what's happening... I've had p0303 for about 4 months now. I've stopped driving the truck and ride with my girlfriend now. The truck has really bad acceleration and sort of makes a ticking noise that gets faster as the rpms increase. I took it for a drive the other day and now it's doing something new. When I get to 30-40 mph the truck will stop and jerk forward stop jerk forward stop and jerk forward about 3 times and then it continues driving. I have changed the spark plugs and coil in number 3. That is all I have done so far. I have some days off here so if anyone out there could help me through this tutorial that would be great!!! It is a 2006 Dodge ram 1500 4.7l v8 with 200k miles on it.

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
Need to find out if your injector in that cylinder is working properly, coil and plug are two of the three components for combustion in that cylinder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need to find out if your injector in that cylinder is working properly, coil and plug are two of the three components for combustion in that cylinder.
Okay so I put a screwdriver to it and I think I can hear it ticking. Can it still be ticking and not working? Is it clogged maybe? Would a clogged injector cause those symptoms? Thanks for the reply I plan on working on it this weekend. Really need your help!

·
Registered
53 Posts
"When I get to 30-40 mph the truck will stop and jerk forward stop jerk forward stop and jerk forward about 3 times and then it continues driving."

This sounds similar to my throttle position sensor problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"When I get to 30-40 mph the truck will stop and jerk forward stop jerk forward stop and jerk forward about 3 times and then it continues driving."

This sounds similar to my throttle position sensor problem.
Really? Did you get those codes I got? Is it easy to fix?

·
Premium Member
32,787 Posts
P0303 DODGE - Cylinder Misfire Fault Detected Possible causes

Faulty spark plug 3
Clogged or faulty fuel injector 3
Fuel injector 3 harness is open or shorted
Fuel injector 3 circuit poor electrical connection
Faulty ignition coil 3
Ignition coil 3 harness is open or shorted
Ignition coil 3 circuit poor electrical connection
Insufficient cylinder 3 compression