DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been posted about before but I've looked through all other forums and tried almost all suggestions and still throwing a code. I have a 2002 ram 1500 with the 4.7 in it. I was driving home doing nothing out of the ordinary and check engine light came on. Hooked up the code reader found p0305 cylinder 5 misfire. So I did as the forums advised, changed the plug and properly gapped it properly, changed the coil and when that didn't work I swapped the injector around, still have the problem. Checked spark and it's getting spark. checked fuel, getting fuel. What is possibly going wrong with this engine that it keeps misfiring?

·
Registered
247 Posts
check compression, could have a sticky valve hanging opening a little bit causing to loose compression. are you at the right cylinder too, not trying to seem like an ass cause it sounds like you got pretty much all the base covered. are you using champion plugs? take a 194 bulb, straighten the little tabs on the bottom and disconnect the injected and plug the 194 into the harness of the injector and check injector pulse, cheap and easy way to check injector pulse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts