DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this code with their 2017?
P0463 - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input

Mine is displaying this now at 27k miles.

Scheduled service for next week on the 15th of August. I also have the parking sensor assist fail, tailgate dropping randomly, folding mirror that "sometimes" work, and the recall to do. How much do you want to bet this'll fix one thing, while messing something else up?

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
The tailgate is a recall

The P0463 means you need a new fuel pump module, the fuel level sensor is part of it. Something happened with the newer ones-maybe a bad supplier-where this has been an issue on 2015 or so and newer trucks.

Not sure on the folding mirrors, I use mine every day and have no issues with them, maybe a BCM connection.

Parking sensor is probably a connection

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,593 Posts
I can't speak for the rest of your issues, but I had problems with the fuel sensor 2 months after owning my truck. And yes, it is attached to the fuel pump, requiring them to drop the tank. All in all, if I remember correctly, it took about 2 hours at the dealer.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had it fixed on mine. They had my truck for a few days, but told me from the get go they couldnt get to it until later in the week. Since I was leaving for vacation, I just dropped it off with them the day before we left. It was fixed before I got home.

My fuel gauge would randomly go to E and my fuel light would come one. A few minutes later the truck would ding and the gauge would go back to the current level in the tank. After a few days of doing that, it just stuck on E. I had about 27k on mine as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Between the time I posted and my appointment this past Wednesday, my digital instrument cluster indicated fuel sensor level failure and indicated my tank was empty.

They replaced the sensor in about 2 hours (and also did the current recalls). All is well now minus the parking sensor (only fails when it rains) and tailgate. They were aware of the tailgate issue on RAM trucks, but are not yet equipped with regards to the recall (September they guessed).

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,593 Posts
Glad to hear it. Thanks for coming back to the thread and letting us know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts