DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this come up? I did a search and no threads. The code references the clock spring timing 1-2. I'm guesssing it's in the multi-function switch and or the speed sensor on the trans.

·
Registered
105 Posts
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Cruise control system inoperative
Possible causes
- Clock spring circuit is open or short
- Clock spring poor electrical connection
- Faulty clock spring
Tech notes
This code can be set if two different control buttons in the cruise control system are press at the same time for more than 450 milliseconds. Since it is a logical problem and not a mechanical problem, try resetting the light first before replacing any parts.
When is the code detected?
The ECM compares the cruise control switch 1 to switch 2- A signal error was recognized

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Cruise control system inoperative
Possible causes
- Clock spring circuit is open or short
- Clock spring poor electrical connection
- Faulty clock spring
Tech notes
This code can be set if two different control buttons in the cruise control system are press at the same time for more than 450 milliseconds. Since it is a logical problem and not a mechanical problem, try resetting the light first before replacing any parts.
When is the code detected?
The ECM compares the cruise control switch 1 to switch 2- A signal error was recognized
Check engine light came on, I scanned it and found this code. I reset it and it hasn't happened since. I have noticed that the decel button on the wheel is not working every time. I think it's either the button, or the strip in the clock spring going bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts