DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having some trouble with my truck and would like to see if you guys have any history on it. Maybe get some help on here

A couple weeks ago my engine light came on. Wasn't too worried about it but then a week later i started having problems with acceleration. Maybe 9 out of 10 times the truck would accelerate perfectly fine, but that one time the acceleration was very slow! I have gone peddle to the metal and the truck still wouldnt pick up speed. :thk:

*Note* The RPMs would not go up when i went peddle to the metal when the acceleration was slow. Also i would slam on the gas, the truck wasnt humming or the engine was loud. it acted like it was pressing the gas peddle very slowly.

I did do a computer test and got Code P0700 and also did the self truck key test where i turn the key 3 times and got the same code.

So if anyone has any advice please share.
my last resort is to take it to the dodge dealer and they do a diagnostic, who knows how much Benjamins that will cost.:3-angry1:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P0700 is general trans fault. There should be at least one more specific code to go with it.
Only two codes i get is P0700 and P0456 and that code is just a simple hose leak, and dont think it would cause the truck to have very slow acceleration

The only way to do a computer check on the P0700 to see exactly what is wrong with the tranny is go to the Dodge dealership. Had a buddy that worked there for about 8 years, and he said they have a little computer reader that only dodge has, well anyone can get it but it costs thousands of dollars so...

any other suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts