DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Off-Road. I pulled the codes with a Snap-On modus scan tool. THe code is a p0743, which is a torque converter clutch solenoid circuit too low, or open. I've tried researching this code and I cannot find anything on it at all. Has anyone had this problem or currently has is? What problems will this cause? The transmission has been rebuilt within the past year, as well as a new transfer case and rebuilt rear end.
The only thing that made me decide to pull the codes was one day I didn't let the truck warm up and I took off in a hurry. I lost first gear and overdrive so I thought I was looking torwards another transmission rebuild, but when i started it up later that day it drove fine without any problems what so ever. I need help please!!

·
Banned
7,866 Posts
I think your best bet is to PM ramvan2500. Either that of wait for him to chime in.

I'm sure he can either help you or point you in the right direction. I've read a lot of his posts and can't say that I didn't have any reason not to believe he knows what he's talking about.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
From what ive seen and recerched if the trans is not at 140° or so it won't go into over drive. Its control is from map sensor, tps, computer anyone of these things could have set it off. But if its fine now and hasn't acted up its hard to say

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the thing is, is that the code shows up randomly. I've replaced the MAP sensor, but not the TPS. Hopefully thats just because it wasnt earmed up. I'll reset the ecu and go from there.

·
Registered
777 Posts
How's your tranny fluid look and smell?

Your od and lockup are switched electricly, but there are still passages that fluids must pass through. While theres a possibilty your selenoid is failing, I'd be apt to believe some gunk is caught in the valvebody.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts