DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a P0750 code and started throwing parts at it and still haven't found the solution and I am hoping you guys can help. I changed the shift solenoid pack and the PCM and still have the same problem. The transmission shop is at a loss. They ohm checked the a wiring harness and said it's good. I don't know what to do next. The truck is a 2006 1500 5.7L with only 98000 on it. Do you have any ideas of where to go next? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 07 1500 with V-6 that keeps throwing 0755 code. Yours is shift solenoid A 0750, and mine is shift solenoid B 0755. I've done the same exact things you have and still have same problem. It will do just fine for a day or maybe 2 weeks, then SOS. I have been told I most likely have a short somewhere causing this that nobody can find. If I get mine fixed I'll let you know and please do same for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took mine to another shop that has a mobile scanner. He took it down the road and back and says the overdrive shift pack is bad and is confusing the PCM. I'm swapping the transmission now. If that fixes it I will let you know.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I took mine to another shop that has a mobile scanner. He took it down the road and back and says the overdrive shift pack is bad and is confusing the PCM. I'm swapping the transmission now. If that fixes it I will let you know.
Arrrgghhh!! You're replacing the entire transmission for a P0750 fault?!? NOOOooooo!

The ONLY part inside the transmission that can cause that fault is the solenoid pack. Apparently you already replaced that with no fix, but we have had a batch of bad solenoids lately (that typically set a P0750 fault), so maybe you got a bad one. I would either replace the solenoid module again, or try swapping wires (swap the LR solenoid wire with one of the other solenoid wires, at BOTH ENDS of the harness, then see if you still get the P0750 fault [which means it ain't the wire], or some other fault).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have replaced the shift solenoid twice, the PCM twice, the ignition, and the wires. The only thing left is the transmission. Shop is saying the PCM is confused. The scan tool shows the overdrive pack slipping and then the torque converter trying to lock up. I asked him what happens when that doesn't fix it and he replied the transmission would be the shops responsibility since they said it's bad.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I have replaced the shift solenoid twice, the PCM twice, the ignition, and the wires. The only thing left is the transmission. Shop is saying the PCM is confused. The scan tool shows the overdrive pack slipping and then the torque converter trying to lock up. I asked him what happens when that doesn't fix it and he replied the transmission would be the shops responsibility since they said it's bad.
Your shop is the one who's confused, not the PCM. Best of luck with that new trans.

·
Registered
7 Posts
To TransEngineer from Crankitup (see above post) What do you suggest doing? Many people have this problem, but NOBODY has a solution.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
To TransEngineer from Crankitup (see above post) What do you suggest doing? Many people have this problem, but NOBODY has a solution.
For starters, I would swap the 2C solenoid wire with one of the other solenoid's wires. Have them unlock the pins from the connectors at BOTH ENDS of the harness (PCM end and trans end), and swap the terminals. So then the wire that used to carry the 2C solenoid circuit is carrying some other solenoid (and vice versa). Then drive it until a fault resets. If you now get the fault for the other solenoid, that proves the wire is bad.

I know you've already replaced the wire, but my bet is that they cut and spliced the wire, so they probably did NOT replace the actual terminal pins at each end of the wire. I'm betting one of those is bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So here is the latest. The shop decided to not swap the transmission. They said the plug was bad. The plug has been swapped and I still have the same issue. I called the Dodge dealer here in town and they said they couldn't even diagnose it. I am at a loss. It is too nice of a truck to scrap. I don't know what to do next. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
So here is the latest. The shop decided to not swap the transmission. They said the plug was bad. The plug has been swapped and I still have the same issue. I called the Dodge dealer here in town and they said they couldn't even diagnose it. I am at a loss. It is too nice of a truck to scrap. I don't know what to do next. Any help would be appreciated.
So you're still getting a P0750 fault? How often does it reset? Immediately (every startup), or do you have to drive it for some distance?

I would still say: Do the wire swap. Swap the LR solenoid wire (at both ends of the harness) with one of the other solenoid wires. Unlock the terminals at each end of the harness and swap the terminals themselves (don't cut or splice any wires). Just swap the terminals and reinstall them into the "wrong" cavities. Then see if you still get a P0750 fault. If you now get a fault for the other solenoid (that you swapped wires with), then the wire (or one of the terminals) is the problem. Replace said wire (and both terminals). If you still get a P0750, let me know and we'll go from there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts