DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon,

I'm getting a p0841 on my 2008 Ram 1500, SLT 5.L Hemi 4WD

I've been able to find a transmission kit complete with solenoid and filters. I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find a repair kit for the connector to the solenoid? I'm trying to rule out all possible problems.

Thanks,

- Nick

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good Evening,

I wanted to revisit this post. Not knowing where to turn, I ventured to the dealership. It was a mistake, I think, but I remain with a problem still unresolved.

The dealer mentioned TIPM corrosion and said it wasn't sending proper voltage, but they did not show any indication of that being the case. Also, I had changed out the TIPM two years ago because of a known issue which resulted in my 4WD actuator to fail. Could it be the TIPM again?

When the engine in my truck was replaced recently, the mechanic mentioned a transmission pending code, he also mentioned that he was working on the harness. When the truck threw the code and we went to look at the issue, the connector was glued. He never mentioned it and did not suggest we fix it. However he did acknowledge that he glued it. I'm wondering if the issue is still either the solenoid or transmission harness connector.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this. You should know that the truck does drive and otherwise feels good.

Thanks,

- Nick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does seem to be a lot of activity on this part of the forum lately... my own post about my Ram hasn't seen all that much action in a few months. Maybe it's just that the regulars don't venture here much any more? I don't know....

Anyways, I looked up that code and it seems to be a Low/Reverse Pressure Switch code.

I'm not entire sure what you mean by "transmission kit" but if you suspect a wiring issue then that can very well be the cause of your problems. If it's not wiring related (and based upon what you said there is a good reason to believe it could be), then the switch could be bad.

Have you check the transmission fluid lately? Inspected it to see if it smelled burned, if it was darker and if the transmission fluid was low?

You can put a new valve body in the transmission and replace the L/R pressure switch. Not a terribly hard job to do, and probably less than $500 in parts. You drop the tranny pan, take the filters out, remove old valve body, take it out and put the new one in. You'll need two filters if yours is the 4WD version of the truck, one canister type and one flat type. I recommend mopar filters... I bought a set for my truck.. they aren't too expensive. I think I got them for $35 on amazon. You'll also need about 8 quarts of ATF +4 and some gasket maker that is approved for transmission use.

I'd look hard at the wiring first though. The transmission service job won't hurt it, but your buying a $400 valve body that you might not need if it is wiring related. That's a lot of money spent on a part that you might find you don't need.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. The kit that I referred to includes the solenoid pack or I believe it is called a step solenoid. It also includes the two filters and a gasket. That said, I've attached a photo of the glue connection. I think that may be connected to the transmission control solenoid. I cannot tell what sort of connector and part that is.

You may also notice that some things look out of place, include what looks to be something rubbing on the drive shaft. That will need to be addressed too.

It would be great to confirm what parts those are so I can purchase them. Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts