DODGE RAM FORUM banner

221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Man, I love gadget & junk shopping at shows. More so at bike events but still...
I have boxes of really cool (but mostly useless) motorcycle "stuff" piled up in my basement storage area. Lots of Jeep stuff too.

I feel like a parts junkie.

Thanks for posting the show report, :smiley_thumbs_up:
-Ej-

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Your welcome! :wavey:

Have you thought about selling any of the motorcycle and Jeep parts? :4-dontknow:

There got to be some one out there who could use them. Or are you waiting to find that perfect project and then install the parts. :smileup:

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Your welcome!
Have you thought about selling any of the motorcycle and Jeep parts? :4-dontknow:
There got to be some one out there who could use them. Or are you waiting to find that perfect project and then install the parts.
I just (finally) sold my last Jeep TJ.
Jeeps... They were sooo easy to work on and to get parts for. :worshippy:
And no... My project days are slowing down, (never thought it would happen but I'm getting to be an old fart).

My RAM 3500 & the truck camper that rides on it's back keep me plenty busy tinkering, and until I replace my Suzuki DL1000k6 (with probably a Yami FJ-09) I have no heavy modding going on with the bikes either.

I figure my basement full of Jeep stuff will end up being a donation to the first (decent) person I can find with a TJ.

Looking forward to meeting you and maybe some of the other Jersey & PA guys this Fall.
Cool,
-Ej-

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I just (finally) sold my last Jeep TJ.
Jeeps... They were sooo easy to work on and to get parts for. :worshippy:
And no... My project days are slowing down, (never thought it would happen but I'm getting to be an old fart).

My RAM 3500 & the truck camper that rides on it's back keep me plenty busy tinkering, and until I replace my Suzuki DL1000k6 (with probably a Yami FJ-09) I have no heavy modding going on with the bikes either.

I figure my basement full of Jeep stuff will end up being a donation to the first (decent) person I can find with a TJ.

Looking forward to meeting you and maybe some of the other Jersey & PA guys this Fall.
Cool,
-Ej-
Sounds good to me. :smileup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
quakertown pa

HI, been on the site for a few months now. I just started exploring the other areas on it. I currently have a 2016 Power wagon in Delmonico red. I have had a few trucks along the way from a '91 150 to the current 2016.attachment.php

Attachments

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
HI, been on the site for a few months now. I just started exploring the other areas on it. I currently have a 2016 Power wagon in Delmonico red. I have had a few trucks along the way from a '91 150 to the current 2016.attachment.php
That's one nice truck. :smileup: Lot's of good luck with it. :Hey:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newcomer

Philadelphia here--- 04 Hemi 4x4. New to Dodge and Ram, love it SO much, dropped my old F150 for this baby. Hope to engage and contribute.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Heck yea! I NEVER see regular cab pickups around anymore, 1500s at least. I just rented a Ford F-150 w/four doors on a recent trip and made me realize how much easier it is to maneuver in my Ram.

Now I need to take it offroad and test out the tires and lift. It's not a Jeep but has a short wheel-base...and a Hemi!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Heck yea! I NEVER see regular cab pickups around anymore, 1500s at least. I just rented a Ford F-150 w/four doors on a recent trip and made me realize how much easier it is to maneuver in my Ram.

Now I need to take it offroad and test out the tires and lift. It's not a Jeep but has a short wheel-base...and a Hemi!
:LOL: EcoBoost Sucks! Drove one about 4 years ago and it couldn't get out of it's own way and I read in a recent edition of 4 Wheeler magazine that it hasn't improved. :LOL:

The truck sure isn't a Jeep, but it will do a pretty damn good job in the woods. :smileup:

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,201 Posts
Southeast PA - Just added 6" Zone Lift, 35" x 12.5" Tires, 17" MT Wheels and upgraded brakes (drilled and slotted) which was badly needed!
Truck looks great with the lift! I bet that thing is does great off road with that short wheel base. Nice work, thanks for posting a pic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cam Upgrade Experiences and Black Widow Mufflers

Thanks for the kind words. On a different note, I'm curious how many people do cam upgrades and their experiences with them. Maybe this is for a different thread but figured it can't hurt.

I upgraded to a Comp Cams 268 (Stage Two as described to me) after considering the milder 260 (Stage One) and the wilder 273. Albeit some headaches with the DiabloSport Tuner, I'm generally please with the performance and overall sound of the exhaust (I actually cared about as much about the sound as the performance gains).

Idle is a little more noticeable but not that much different than stock and exhaust tone is louder but a little more smooth. The cam is geared for mid-range so once you hit close to 3k RPMs you can feel a difference, almost like a tiny shot of NOS.

I have long-tube Dynomax Headers w/high flow cats and Black Widow Venom 250 Mufflers using 3" pipes...True duel. I used to run 10 Series Flowmasters but not crazy of the quality/material of the product.

If anyone has or had Black Widow mufflers I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. I like them but still tempted to try different B.W. mufflers at some point.

221 - 240 of 247 Posts