DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I believe my signature still has the picture of the 1500, I loved it but it was working way to hard towing my TT. Momma said lets get one with a Diesel and the 2500 was the most I could talk her into.

I bought a 2018 2500 with the Cummins and love it. Mileage is still down it only has 780 miles on it now and I expect that to improve once I stop loving the sound and feel on take-off.

Towing the TT this weekend about an hour away up some hills but not too big.

Should be a blast.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Congrats! Pics!

I believe my signature still has the picture of the 1500, I loved it but it was working way to hard towing my TT. Momma said lets get one with a Diesel and the 2500 was the most I could talk her into.

I bought a 2018 2500 with the Cummings and love it. Mileage is still down it only has 780 miles on it now and I expect that to improve once I stop loving the sound and feel on take-off.

Towing the TT this weekend about an hour away up some hills but not too big.

Should be a blast.
Cummins!:3-smash:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congrats! I just made the jump from a 1500 to 3500 myself and it's awesome! Setting up the WD hitch for my TT took a little bit as I converted the shank to a 2.5" shank and needed a new hitch pin as mine was too short, luckily I found out on a test setup!

Good luck!

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
Congrats on your new 2500. And you know we need some pics!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I found a reducer sleeve on Amazon for $20.00 slipped right into the 2.5 and now the 2 in WD works just fine. Was sort of homebrew looking there for a moment though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My new 2018 Ram 2500 had the reducer in a plastic bag under the rear seat. They should all come with one. Good luck with the new truck

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah, I found the reducer under the back seat of my Mega Cab after I bought it too. Unfortunately, I found it after I setup the 2.5" shank on my WD hitch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts