DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed a flaw today after I ran the truck thru a touch less car wash. It's on the tailgate to the left of the handle and it looks like it was a bubble of some sorts. It looks like its starting to rust somewhat and the sides of the flaw are raised not like it was a chip from a rock or anything like that. Shame on me for not noticing b4 I drove it off the lot, but it was night and it's a dark paint. Any chance this gets covered or am I s.o.l and need to visit a body shop?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Take it to your dealer. They should be able to tell, since it takes alittle while for a rust bubble to come up. The will cover it. How many miles do you have on your truck? If its less than, lets say 1k, then they will fix it, no questions asked. IMHO

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar problem on the roof of my 2011. It was a nickel size raised bump that was sort of cracking. I didn't think to check the roof when I purchased it, but I noticed it a few months later while washing it. Took it to the dealer, and it was covered by the manufacturer. They repainted the whole roof.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts