DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my 2011 ram express....washed and waxed it today..noticed on the bumper what seem to be cracks in either paint itself or the bumper...they look weird...and also it has a small pit in the paint on the driver side front corner anyone else experience this also

·
Registered
130 Posts
I do have a drip in the paint above the window on the passenger rear door. I have not taken it to be looked at yet, because my local dealership does not take appointments, just first come first serve. By time I get off work and get there, they are booked... But for yours, I would get it to the dealership as soon as possible for them to look at and document before they say that it happened from you hitting something or some road debris.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have a drip in the paint above the window on the passenger rear door. I have not taken it to be looked at yet, because my local dealership does not take appointments, just first come first serve. By time I get off work and get there, they are booked... But for yours, I would get it to the dealership as soon as possible for them to look at and document before they say that it happened from you hitting something or some road debris.
u think it would be fixed if infact it is a factory defect?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well, I sure hope so! I am going in for an oil change later this week and I am going to show them the drip and tell them I want it fixed. There is a warranty on paint defects. Mine is 9 months old now, but a rock cant cause a drip under the clear coat. With yours being on the front bumper and very new, I would get it in as soon as possible. Maybe someone else on here that has had paint repaired under warranty can help us out. I do know that one guy on here had Dodge buy his truck back from him because there were so many defects in the paint.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn yea idk this is the first time i see this type of cracking on the bumper...and i sure as hell havent hit anything...as far as the pit on the hood...i dont feel like its a rock chip...it just doesnt look like one at all...i gotta take it soon...i dont want it to be like the older model dodges where the paint would come off after a while.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Paint over flexible plastic has always shown the details of small cracks. Just normal body twist while driving or hitting bumps can push/pull on various things. Not trying to irritate you, but am betting they will not cover it unless the paint/clear is absolutely peeling.

As far as the drip in the paint on the other truck, if it is not terribly noticable, I would leave it alone. Having someone sand then airbrush the drip away would be harder for me to handle having done than leaving it factory sealed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts