DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in paint matching my side view mirrors, has anyone done this? I would like to see any paint matching pics. Especially how it was done, the dealership, or how you did it and what you used to do it. I would love to see any to know how it looks.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Hopefully a 4G owner pops in to assist you further but here are a couple of mine.
Originally Had a body shop do it the same time as the handles
Stock

Factory Color matched

Satin Black Paint

Current

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I know from experience that it is hard to paint plastic and have it stand up, especially mirrors that are exposed to everything including stones.... I cant give you much advice on how to do it, I have just done simple plastic parts on my sled that arent exposed too much... would be a sweet project to colour match the mirrors! good luck!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully a 4G owner pops in to assist you further but here are a couple of mine.
Originally Had a body shop do it the same time as the handles
Stock

Factory Color matched

Satin Black Paint

Current
I love that orange color, what color is it? where did you get it?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
The factory blue was painted over w/ the Satin Black w/ Metallic Red on the hood that's shown in picture 5 and 6. Been running that for a few years. Wanted to keep the black theme but its a PITA to maintain. Chose Satin Orange to hide the dirt yet give that custom touch.

Full vehicle wrap was a great alternate for my needs and then i can always go back to my Satin Black down the road if need be.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really nice wrap, how much is it for something like that? it looks like a perfect matte look that I wanted and the color too! im guessing you had the shop do it?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I have trouble just putting on a rear window sticker lol so yep i had a shop do it. It was around $18xx w/ taxes and 10% holiday discount. 4-5 day turn around time.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SMH! that is pretty outstanding! but very very expensive! I like to do my own paint jobs, but I just dont personally see putting that much into a sticker XD! but it does look amazing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts