DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd been putting it off for a while, but I finally got around to painting my brakes bright red to match the R/T in the grill.

Attachments

·
Banned
972 Posts
What did you use to paint them? How long did it take?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks sharp. I been wanting to paint mine red also. Only problem is shipping the paint to Germany. Hopefully when I get back to the states I will paint mine.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
i did same and did not use caliper paint it came off rather quick then next time i used a kit from duplicolor for calipers and it looks really good and holds up great

debadge that truck makes it look so much better

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Looks awesome man! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I really like the look of the painted calipers, good job. Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Looks sharp. I been wanting to paint mine red also. Only problem is shipping the paint to Germany. Hopefully when I get back to the states I will paint mine.

Hey, 11B? How about jumping on the link in my SIG to join our red ram group???

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
lookin good bud...i just recently did mine aswell

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What did you use to paint them? How long did it take?
I think the paint I used was VHT brand from Autozone, costs 8 bucks! And it took about 2 hours, maybe a little longer.

·
Banned
972 Posts
I think the paint I used was VHT brand from Autozone, costs 8 bucks! And it took about 2 hours, maybe a little longer.
Not bad. Think I might do this on mine. Did you take the calipers off?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not bad. Think I might do this on mine. Did you take the calipers off?
Nah, I just taped the discs and covered everything with this thick, paper towel stuff.

It's definitely worth the effort, I have gotten tons and tons of compliments. People seem to like my brakes more than my truck! :LOL:

·
Registered
626 Posts
heres mine

·
Banned
972 Posts
Have the stuff to do mine but need to wait till a couple of buddies can come over so that we have enough jack stands to have all 4 wheels off at once

1 - 20 of 22 Posts