DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am painting my door panels and i had a few questions that i have not found the answers to on here. I am Painting this part black but i was wondering how you get theses off.

they are melted into place and was wondering if i had to cut them out or paint them in place. If they were cut how do you reattach them?

This is how they are attached

Can anybody please shed some light on this for me?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
My best guess would be paint them in place. But if you have a steady hand and time, you can use a small torch to heat the plastic and a butterknife ( or something simular ) to soften the welds and reform them so they will slip through the hole to crefully remove the parts. I think if you cut or break them off there wouldnt be anything for you to re-attach them with then you would have to glue them with something like liquid nails.... Myself, I think I would take my time to mask them properly and carefully spray light coats around the edges so it looks factory since spraying tends to miss in gaps around the edges.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was thinking also just wanted to see if anyone has done it. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

This is what my door panels are doing right now! cant wait to see how they turn out!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Finished product

1 - 5 of 5 Posts