DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously had a Nokia that had no issues. My current phone is a Pantech Model P2030 (Breeze III) purchased from AT&T in January of this year.

UConnect was operational with the Pantech phone for a few months. But for the last few months, it keeps dropping the connection. After at least a dozen visits to the dealer where codes were run, etc., the dealer has replaced the entire nav radio (RER) in my 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 truck because my phone will pair but keeps dropping the connection. Dealer advised if the replacement did not fix the problem, it had to be phone creating the issue.

Is anyone aware of any Dodge Ram updates that could have impacted connectivity?

This phone must be compatible with the UConnect system as it worked initially.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Has the phone gone thru any updates from the time that you purchased it? If it just stopped working and dropping the connection, I would say that your issue is in the phone. Try deleting it from Uconnect and Uconnect from the phone. Remove the battery in the phone for a few minutes, then start a fresh pairing session. You may also want to not allow your phonebook to be downloaded when Uconnect asks for permission.

Previously had a Nokia that had no issues. My current phone is a Pantech Model P2030 (Breeze III) purchased from AT&T in January of this year.

UConnect was operational with the Pantech phone for a few months. But for the last few months, it keeps dropping the connection. After at least a dozen visits to the dealer where codes were run, etc., the dealer has replaced the entire nav radio (RER) in my 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 truck because my phone will pair but keeps dropping the connection. Dealer advised if the replacement did not fix the problem, it had to be phone creating the issue.

Is anyone aware of any Dodge Ram updates that could have impacted connectivity?

This phone must be compatible with the UConnect system as it worked initially.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestions. Pantech advised this phone is only 'partially' compatible. Oh well.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Bluetooth is not a tightly regulated profile and there are several ways of how to do something. If the phone engineers add their own twist on something it may or may not work correctly. If the Uconnect SW is written according to the BT specs, then the phone also needs to be written to spec without deviances in order to work with Uconnect.

read my thread on my I phone problem, may help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts