DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My BMW had the park sensors on both the front and rear bumpers and it was very convenient for parking.

I was thinking of getting the senors and mount them into the front bumper. My thought would be to wire them into the same wire harness for the rears and then just mount a small switch to give them power when i am in a parking situation.
I tried looking at the wiring diagram for the park assist on rambodybuilder.com, but couldn't find any wiring diagrams...I am thinking this would be possible, but thought i would throw it out there to see if anyone had some more insights on this mod.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
If i were you & had a radio with a screen
i would buy either a NAV-TV MYGIG or the ALLGIG adapter harness & a front camera
Then use both front & rear cameras to park in tight spots

The wiring schematics are close to the same for the 2009 - 2012, i know they have the 2009 diagrams, not sure about the newer models
check out this site
http://www.rambodybuilder.com/yearold.pdf
Technical Information
Electrical Wiring Diagrams

·
Registered
381 Posts
My front end parking sensor is called "wife"

I've had my truck for a little over a year now and I'm really starting to get a good feel for where the front bumper is.

Had my '99 dakota for 12 years and I could park that thing with my eyes closed.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I would just do the front parking camera thing as well. Seems liek it would be an easier install and easier to trouble shoot if something ever went wrong??

·
Registered
31 Posts
can an instruction be posted on the front sensor mod/add on? the 2500 don't have front sensors but I'd really want to add some but have it integrated to the in dash display like the 1500 if possible.

·
Registered
85 Posts
id like to do the front sensor instead too please post the mod here...

with the lockpick that damn front camera will come up automatically EVERYTIME you drive below 8mph. thats great when you parking head in but how about every time you come to a red light or stop sign? annoying...i bet.

besides thats the reason i ALWAYS park in reverse because of the sensors AND camera. much easier to park in reverse and makes for a QUICKER GETAWAY!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bull Bar with front parking sensors.

After installing a bull bar on my 2014 Ram, I thought I could just disconnect the two middle park assist sensors so they didn't see the bar. Boy was I wrong, now I get:smileup: service front sensors MSG. Still have them disconnected but front sensors don't work anymore. Don't know how the computer looks at them, but would running a custom made cable between the two disconnected cables work? The other thing to try would be turning the sensors in and towards the ground. At least this way the other sensors might work. Another option would be to have the computer reprogrammed at a Dodge dealer. Surely they would have taken into consideration this might happen. The bull bar stays, it keeps the Walmart people off my truck. Likewise I have a stainless steel rear step in my trailer hitch for the same reason, but it doesn't bother my rear parking sensors. Any ideas from anyone?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts