DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several times now I would try to turn the knob to drive or reverse and nothing happens but a screen comes up saying my park sense is off. Have to mess with it several times and it finally starts to work. Really pissed me off once when I was trying to hook up my travel trailer. 2017 ram 1500 just 6000 miles.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Park sense off should have nothing to do with putting it into D or R. On my '15 I had the front park sense off all the time as I had an after market bumper installed. When you were trying to hook up the trailer did you by any chance have your door open? Some of the '17s have what is called auto park that will put the truck into park from D or R if the door is open/opened.

Take it to the dealer and let them check it out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
One of your sensors maybe shot. Mine began to do this before the park sense warning finally turned into "service park sense" at the beginning it just kept turning the front park sense off no matter what I did it would turn off on its own. One of my sensors was bad and I proceeded to get molested by the dealer for the sensor and the painting of the sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts