DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently got into a situation where my brakes blew out and my parking brake did not work, so I needed to get a tow home. I believe my parking brake is basically gone (pedal goes to the floor), can't get any slack out, just seems overall dead.

Parts are cheap so it'd probably be a good idea to get all new cables going back. I can probably clean up / re-use the slack adjuster in the future.

From the parts listed on Rock Auto, which cables would I need for the Extended cab, extended bed (8')?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I would assume it would be the longest ones. You may want to find out what the real issue is before just swapping parts. Pull the wheels drums etc and have a look.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to take a closer look.

I will say though, if I use some pliers and twist the e-brake cable and take the slack out of the system, the e-brake does work. So I think either the cables are just stretched or worn, who knows. A very old beat-up truck for sure

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
There really is no real adjustment other than on one of the cable where they come together. So if there is extensive slop it's probably in the brakes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll take a look. Just re-did the brakes and thought I had adjusted it there.

TBH the truck has 260k miles on it and I don't think it's ever been adjusted or changed, so who knows!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts