DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a truck and realized the parking brake wasn't working.

The brake lever engages, doesn't give the hard *clicking* noise my Town Car used to give but it does stay at the bottom. It doesn't disengage when i try to disengage it with the brake handle and the only way to disengage it is by pulling the handle and manually pulling the lever back up.

When engaged the E-Brake flashes on the dash.

Even when it's pushed in it doesn't engage the brake system as i can drive back and forth without any resistance or noise.

Any idea what's going on and what's needed to get it working properly ?

Thank you! :wavey:

·
Registered
58 Posts
sounds like there is a break somewhere in the cable or it may need to be adjusted - for me, the fitting broke off at the rear brake, snapped one night while i was out when i tried to engage it, and it is doing exactly what you are describing. it runs along the frame rail on the driver's side. i'd crawl under and see if you can see anything out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This is the part of what i believe is wrong. How is it supposed to be and how do i fix it ? The tensioner was just hanging from the wire that is loose.

Thank you!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I will try to get some decent pics of how mine looks...it's hanging loose right now but should give you an idea of how it all goes together at least.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts