DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the lowest clearance parking garage you guys have parked in with a stock 2012 Ram? I know the specs say the truck is about 6'3".
I parked in the garage at my work that has a clearance of 6'8" and it was one of the scariest things ive ever done. I was ducking my head under every pillar like it would help lower the roof.
The reason I ask is, the parking garage at one of my bar hangouts is 6'5" and I'm wondering if it even worth the risk of trying to park there.

Before I get yelled at, I did do some internet searching before posting this and only came across people parking their trucks in their garages at home.

Please help.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I've parked my 2012 Ram 1500 4X4 stock height [so far] several times in my wife's below deck work parking garage without a problem.

Its listed entrance height is 6' 7" though I'm not sure of its accuracy. My OEM antenna did always [just] scrape until I shaved it recently.

Never poked my head out to see the clearence, but it does always fit without issues.

For some reason, I'm thinking your claimed 6" 3" height of our trucks is not accurate. I'm right at 6" tall and standing next to my truck, it certainly seems more than three measly inches to the very top of the roof.

I may be wrong.

·
Premium Member
32,781 Posts
I think they give the roof height, but don't add the height of the Sirius antenna into the total height

·
Registered
212 Posts
I park in a 6'4" clearance daily with no issues other than the antenna wacking every sprinkler pipe, concrete beam and sign in the ceiling. Installed a jack-in-the-box ball on the antenna and it doesn't make a really scary noise now.

Plenty of clearance, just don't mash the gas on the corners as the truck sway would be enough to make the roof hit.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I park in a 6'4" clearance daily with no issues other than the antenna wacking every sprinkler pipe, concrete beam and sign in the ceiling. Installed a jack-in-the-box ball on the antenna and it doesn't make a really scary noise now.

Plenty of clearance, just don't mash the gas on the corners as the truck sway would be enough to make the roof hit.
Lmao @ scary noise BTDT:158: now have a stubby

·
Registered
241 Posts
Lowest I did was a 6'8" and i was sweatin it out

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I did 6'7" today I it was scary too. Being 2wd my truck is like an inch higher than the 4 wheels drives...go figure. But no issues, and the antenna didn't hit anything either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts