DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm new here so sorry if I'm posting it in the wrong place.

So i have a 2011 ram laramie 1500 when i bought it i had the "service parking assist" message on the screen.

first, i just thought would be an easy fix and i replaced all four sensors. No luck

second, went to dealer and i asked for a diagnose and they said we suspect its the module thats faulty, then i ordered the part from them i replaced it myself. NO LUCK

third, i checked the the wiring and i didn't like the way the wiring harness looks between all four sensors so i replaced that just in case, still NO LUCK

so please if there is something you guys know i'd really appreciate or any suggestion, or if there is a system reboot or a reset has to get done after a part has been replaced.

thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did you try unhooking the positive cable on the battery for a few seconds and see if anything resets after all you have done? It's quick, cost's nothing and might be worth a try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did, I left it for 20 minutes before contacting back. Still didn't work. I'm thinking taking it back to dealer but that's gonna be more money and no solution.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It's a gamble when replacing parts without knowing exactly what's wrong... But dealer diagnostic isn't cheap either. Never easy to decide which way to go. I wonder if the system requires some sort of calibration after all those parts were replaced?

·
Registered
224 Posts
You can check if there are any stored codes by doing the three key cycle trick and reading the odometer. That will show you mainly powertrain codes. If you hold down the odometer reset button on the cluster when you turn the key on, the truck will do a lamp/gauge check of all the lights and will scroll through some body codes on the odometer which may give you a code for the parktronics module. I'm fairly certain after installation you will need to initiate/calibrate the system with a scan tool to set up the echo and cross echo values so the sensors know what they are reading. If this mostly sounds like technical gibberish to you, it may be time to take it to the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts