DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took about 30 minutes to an hour, what do you guys think?

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
53,674 Posts
Looks good, sweet looking truck! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Looks much better. I want to do mine, but I cannot find the time.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just some things I learned about debadging..to remove the letters, I used a very wide flat head screwdriver. There was enough room between the paint and the letters to where the screwdriver never even touched the paint. To get the glue off, I didn't like the idea of using an eraser wheel so I used a cloth and gas and it worked great. No damage to the paint whatsoever, it looks as though the letters were never even there :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
If you are careful.... I used a heatgun and was able to pull the letters off with my hands and then used an eraser wheel for the rest. Took no time at all....

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are careful.... I used a heatgun and was able to pull the letters off with my hands and then used an eraser wheel for the rest. Took no time at all....
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I used a heat gun take the letters off.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I think any truck w/ the HEMI badge looks better w/ all badges off the sides minus the HEMI looks great

E

·
0 Posts
I'm thinkin' it looks pretty good but the one single, solitary badge is a bit of a distraction.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm thinkin' it looks pretty good but the one single, solitary badge is a bit of a distraction.
Yeah..the more I look at this picture, the more I think the Hemi badge has got to go..but when I see fully debugged trucks, they look a lil naked..:LOL:

One reason I kept the Hemi badge is cause I have people come up to me and ask if its a V6. I tell them its definitely a V8. I guess they assume its a 4.7 or something cause when they find out its a Hemi, they seem shocked and surprised...it's like the hood scoops, 22s, monochromatic paint, and R/T badge don't mean anything! :att:

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
i think it looks good also but that fender badge needs to go too

·
Registered
354 Posts
I say take the HEMI badges off and put them on the tapered part of your hood like i did!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I think it looks good. I like the Hemi Badge on the bottom Right of the Grill. I think that looks Tough. When you pull behind some slow poke. they see that Hemi badge in their rear view mirror. they will just move on over for ya. lol

·
Registered
354 Posts
I think it looks good. I like the Hemi Badge on the bottom Right of the Grill. I think that looks Tough. When you pull behind some slow poke. they see that Hemi badge in their rear view mirror. they will just move on over for ya. lol
Ya except it'll read IMEH ;)

·
Registered
440 Posts
That's the same thing I'm thinking about doing to mine right now. I like the hemi badge but the big ram 1500's gotta go

·
Banned
972 Posts
Not bad. I'm not a big fan of debadging these trucks though. For some reason your hemi badge looks different

That's what we have the R/T badge for

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Looks good man!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I totally DeBadged my Ram,
even replaced the goofy plastic Ram heads with Billet Vipers.

Nobody at the track gets it confused with a V6 after a couple 13 sec passes,
They ask if its a SRT-10 or the new R/T...I tell them its neither, and Faster!

(Dropped RCSB 4x4)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts