DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Red face
Parting out
Well, sadly, my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 finally just gave up.
She's got some sort of electrical issue - I suspect that critters or age, or both, attacked the main engine wiring harness between the ECM and the engine compartment fuse box, and I don't know enough about wiring to tear into it and find out.
I've replaced a bunch of parts on her over the years, so there are a lot of good parts, but the frame is cracked, body is rough, and of course, it isn't running. She's been sitting for a year as I alternated trying to throw parts at her and trying to sell her whole without success in either.
So now, I'm going to part her out, and on many well-known engine parts, I have an idea what to ask, but from what I can see, the most value is in other parts I hadn't considered.
Aside from looking up auctions on E_b.a.y., how do I determine fair prices? I've already had someone ask about the "cats." How much should I charge for those? Any help that can be offered, I appreciate!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Look up some on craigs list and see what they are listing them for(parts section). Hard to give you a price when no other info provided, short bed/long bed, extended cab, engine/trans, colors exc... Location also can effect price. Parting out takes forever so just list it selling whole for parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look up some on craigs list and see what they are listing them for(parts section). Hard to give you a price when no other info provided, short bed/long bed, extended cab, engine/trans, colors exc... Location also can effect price. Parting out takes forever so just list it selling whole for parts.
Sorry, 6cyl, 3.9L, ST, short bed. Black, peeled clear coat and faded spray paint on hood, gray interior

Unfortunately, I have already listed selling whole for parts, no interest. Was going to take the parts off and store them until they sell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts