DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, first time on here so if i ask the wrong question let me know. Im trying to replace the mirror on the passenger side and the dealer is quoting me $299 plus labor for the part. Of course the sales guy tells me its from Dodge and anything else is not good blah blah but have any of you guys out there bought and replaced an aftermarket mirtor with no problems. I found one for $140.. is that good?

·
Super Moderator
34,749 Posts
Are you talking about the whole assembly or just the glass pane? My glass started to turn brown so I replaced it with a Fit System brand one off Amazon. The dealer wanted $200+, and it was $24 off Amazon, only difference is that the Amazon one is only heated and the OEM was heated and auto dim-but I dislike auto dim anyway so it wasn't worth paying 10x as much.

For the whole assembly you can order the ones from 1A auto, they are a site supporter and are supposed to be as good as you can get besides OEM but they cost less

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the feedback brotha, no its just the mirror. I too found the less expensive one on amazon and i was just wondering if getting it without the tinting option make a difference. Dealership charging me $300. Thanks Thunder

·
Super Moderator
34,749 Posts
Yeah if anything the new lens vibrates less in the housing. The plastic around the edge isn't quite as broad and the "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" is in thinner text, but if you didn't know you wouldn't notice the difference. Most importantly the heated function works better than the original

·
Premium Member
32,781 Posts
Are you talking about the whole mirror assembly ?
Non Tow or Tow type ?

or

just the Mirror glass ??
Tow type or Standard

If it is just the Non Tow Mirror Glass, you can buy it from the dealerships Parts department for about $60 & once it is unwrapped, can be installed in 10 minutes, once a person has done it one time before

==============================================

If you need the whole mirror assembly
once you have it unwrapped & have a cordless drill with a proper torx bit & a socket wrench & proper size socket.
You can swap out the whole mirror in 30 minutes, once you have done it once before

If you need the whole mirror assembly, you can get an after market assembly from Tony at 1A auto or from other sources

If you need the whole assembly & want to keep it completely stock, & body paint colored, you can get them through another of this sites vendors, MoparOnlineParts

both tow & standard mirror assembly replacing can be seen on YouTube

if you just want to replace a standard mirror glass, non tow type,
pivot the mirror glass down, stick your fingers into the gap between the top of the mirror glass & the outer assembly & give it a test jerk, pulling it towards your chest
If it didn't unsnap give it a harder jerk. When the top unsnaps, slightly lift & wiggle the mirror glass towards your chin, until the bottom clips release.
Then you just have to unfasten the 2 wires & use the old wire fingers on the new mirror

If you look at the date stamp, you will see orange paint, now look slightly to the left a bit & you should notice a piece of of Black plastic sticking up into the Orange paint, that is a 1 clip that holds on the puddle lamp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts