DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to floor it to pass a vehicle, it kicks down one gear, then another and over-revs. It then will shift back up into OD and lug unless I put the peddle down harder, then it over revs again. WHen I first bought it about two months ago, the shifting was happening during very low RPM's, so I reset the computer (holding positive cable to ground terminal for 30 seconds). It shifted a LOT better, but still had this passing issue. I just bought a Superchips programmer and reprogrammed it for 91 octane and it shifted even better (good shift points), but the passing issue is still there. Even if I am going up a small hill on cruise control, it will kick down and up and down and up while over revving. Any ideas???
I was thinking of ringing it in and having the tranny flushed and cleaned with a new filter at Jiffy Lube, any thoughts on if that would be good and what fluid /filter I should ask for?

Thanks to you all, I've really enjoyed reading the forumz and being a lurker, now hopefully I can add back! (I did a full stereo/speaker replacement if anyone has questions...)

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Haven't had the passing issue, but the low RPM rev has reared it ugly head a few times. It throws a code and gets stuck in stupid (limp mode) when it does it. The code says it's the over drive solenoid. You might want to have that checked out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts