DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a SC Flashpaq tuner for my '03 hemi, only to find out I cant install it because the "vehicle files are not stock". They said I would have to reflash the computer at the dealer-ok. So I go to the dealer and they said they could not flash a pre '06, and pointed me toward an older more established dealer. THAT dealer said they could try to get it to "stock, but that they
1. may damage the computer and have to replace it, or
2. they may not succeed in removing whatever change has been made (I'm not the original owner so I'm not sure why it's not stock).
Meanwhile superchips said the only way to do make it work from heir end is to manually set up the tune, but that if for some reason it rendered the vehicle (computer) unable to work, they couldn't be responsible. So...what the heck am I supposed to do? Thanks.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Hi, Michael, and thanks for joining the RamforumZ. I encourage you to stop by the Newbie Checkin section and introduce yourself so other members and give you a proper how-do-ya-do.

Sell the tuner and keep your RAM the way that it is. That's the safe bet.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Id let the dealer reflash it to the lastest one for that year, I really don't think you will have a issue they are just covering their butts in case something goes wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts