DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Covered under warranty I am not sure, I do know that anytime I bring the truck in for any reason, they do install the updates. One update was available for an issue I brought it in for in which I have not had any issues since.

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 Express 4x4
16 Posts
Can anyone tell me if any updates are covered under warranty or not.
Software updates of any kind are covered under the basic warranty which that component has. Example, a Transmission Control Module (TCM) update will be covered under the vehicle's transmission warranty. So, with a gas engine Ram, that would be the Powertrain warranty, which is 5-years or 100,000 kms. A radio update would be covered under the same warranty that the radio has, which is 3-years or 60,000 kms. PCM is a different one which falls under the Extended Federal Emissions warranty, which is 8-years or 130,000 kms.

Diesel warranties vary, so do Aisin transmissions.

·
Registered
51 Posts
They covered my updates but at first they wanted to charge me. I showed them the TSB said warranty and they checked and it was covered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They covered my updates but at first they wanted to charge me. I showed them the TSB said warranty and they checked and it was covered.
Can you tell me where you found that information? I can't seem to find it.
The dealership what's $350. For each update. I don't get charged for my phone updates so I don't understand?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts