DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! was wondering if anybody would know if pcm may of went bad? some time ago i was getting no bus and truck wouldnt fire and had no guages would work fuel pump wouldnt even kick on i cleand plugs siliconed them plugged back in had no trouble for a couple months now lately it started again i would grab ahold of the first plug on right side of pcm move it some could hear fuel pump kick on then truck would start drive it then park and had to go out and push in or wiggle plug till fuel pump kicked on done this for a week now cant get it to go anymore it kicked on couple times while i was moving around then quit so now all i have is no bus on the tripometer when i leave key turned forward for few mins thats what comes up could the pcm went bad or could it be bad wire into plug i took apart cleaned plug and sprayed it with electrical cleaner where they go into plug into connectors. thanks for your time and suggestions.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
It sounds like a bad pin, or socket, on the PCM or harness connection. Check to make sure none of the pins are missing or corroded on the harness connection. Then check the PCM connection and check for anything obvious, such as dirt or corrosion.

Seems to me the PCM could incrementally degrade electrically due to corrosion inside the unit. If that's the case, it's dead.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
A friend of mine just had a similar issue
sadly he spent all his money by sending off for a rebuilt computer, they sent him the wrong one, his Ram was a Standard Stick Shift, they sent him one for an Automatic, it didn't work, he sent it back & again got the wrong one. Now they have his money & are not going to return it to him, he incurred more charges too
He should have just taken it to the dealership in the first place, paid once & he would have a truck to use.
He ended up buying another pickup, sold the original one for scrap, he had messed with it for 4 or more months

BY the way, check for bent pins, especially PIN 19

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all pins are there and clean i pulled plug cover off to get at to where the wires feed into main part of plug cleaned in there and into the female side of connectors as well tried moving one wire at a time while key was turned forward till i could hear it kick fuel pump on but no luck as before to where i was pushing on plug and it would kick on but not any more anyway guess there is no way to have tested is there if i tkae it off and take it some where any ideals or do i spend the 200 and get a remaufactored part. thanks for the suggestions also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts